This Spinach and Onion Egg Bake is delicious and so easy to make! The egg bake can be eaten straight out of the oven or it can be made the night before to eat throughout the week. I know some people get freaked out about eating left over eggs or think the eggs won't be good if reheated. I have never found reheated eggs to lack in texture or flavor. I reheat a portion of this egg bake in the microwave at work and it is delicious!. Preparing breakfast the night before makes it easier to choose a healthy breakfast in the morning.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|20 min||25-30 min||45-50 min||4-5|
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbs coconut oil plus extra for greasing baking dish
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups tightly packed spinach
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 tbs coconut aminos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease an 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil
- Melt coconut oil in a frying pan and add onions. Cook onions until translucent. Add the spinach to the frying pan and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl add the eggs and stir together until combined. Then add the garlic, coconut aminos, and salt and pepper. Add the coconut oil, onion, and spinach mixture once cooled. If the mixture is too hot it will begin to cook the eggs. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, until eggs are cooked in the middle and lightly browned on top. Note: the egg bake will rise while cooking, this is fine and it will return to normal after taken out of the oven and cooled.