The first time I made this recipe, my boyfriend said the roasted green beans tasted like french fries. So these are known as french fries in my house. Green beans are not technically Paleo-friendly, because they are a legume. However, to me, green beans are in the vegetable category of food, so I don't worry and enjoy eating my low carb french fries.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||25 mins||40 mins||4|
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tbs coconut oil or fat of choice- I usually use lard or duck fat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a 12x17 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Rinse green beans and break off any stems. Place the green beans on the pan.
- Melt your coconut oil, or fat of choice, and then pour evenly over the green beans. Make sure the oil is not too hot and then rub the oil into the green beans until completely coated. Arrange the green beans so each bean has one side completely touching the pan and they are not overlapping. This allows one side to get nice and browned. Add salt and pepper.
- Bake the green beans for 23-25 mins or until the beans are browned on the bottom.