I first noticed rhubarb at the farmer’s market last year and ever since I can’t resist picking up this pink produce when it’s in season. If you don’t know what rhubarb is, it’s a pink celery look-a-like vegetable. Rhubarb has a sour flavor that’s overwhelming on its own, but tastes so good when baked into a sweet treat!
I love this Rhubarb Almond Bar recipe because it’s so simple and only uses one bowl. I use my standing mixer to combine all the ingredients, except the rhubarb, which makes it even easier! And there is an alternative for the sweetener, so you can make them sugar-free if desired. Note that if you use the sugar-free option your bars will be much lighter in color.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||45 mins||60 mins||9|
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut sugar OR 3/4 cup erythritol and 1/8 tsp stevia (for sugar-free)
- 1 and 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 and 1/2 tbs coconut oil, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups of thinly sliced rhubarb
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil.
- Add the egg and sweetener of choice to your mixing bowl, mix until well combined.
- Add the almond flour and mix again until completely combined.
- Add the almond butter, coconut oil, baking powder, and salt, mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the rhubarb pieces with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and smooth until there is an even layer.
- Bake for 40-45 mins. Finished when top is nicely browned and cooked through the middle.
- Let cool completely and enjoy! Store bars in the fridge.