Ground beef is one of my favorites meats to cook on busy weeknights. It’s so easy to make and inexpensive, even grass-fed! I am always trying new ways to make ground beef exciting and this stir fry is one of my favorite ways.
If you have checked out any of my other recipes, you already know how much I love turmeric. I love the earthy taste, color, and most of all, the amazing health benefits! I added turmeric in this stir fry to give it a healthy boost. If you are not a big fan of how turmeric tastes, then this recipe is perfect for you since the other flavors in the stir fry cover up the turmeric flavor. If you’re interested in learning more about turmeric’s health benefits, I explain more in my recipes for Super Healing Bone Broth Drink and Turmeric Chicken and Kale Zoodle Soup.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 mins||25 mins||35 mins||4|
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 medium broccoli heads (about 1 lb) chopped into florets
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1.5 lbs) chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbs coconut aminos (paleo + Whole30® compliant soy sauce alternative)
- 4 green onions chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbs chili powder
- Melt coconut oil on medium heat in a large pan, I use a 4 qt stainless steel pan.
- Add the broccoli and 1/4 cup of coconut aminos, cover with a lid and let cook for about 10 mins. Stir broccoli half way through.
- Add the zucchini, cover with the lid, and let cook about 5 mins until softened
- Add ground beef, spices, and the rest of the coconut aminos . Let the ground beef fully cook through.
- Add the green onion at the end and let cook about a minute more.
- Garnish with green onion if desired and serve! Works well served by itself or over riced cauliflower.