My goal this summer was to create recipes using the herbs growing in my garden. My Thai Basil Pesto, Strawberry Mint Popsicles, and now this all are created with fresh herbs from my little city garden. I was inspired to make this recipe after trying a similar dish my boyfriend’s grandmother made. She is an amazing cook and gave me the idea to use fresh mint and oregano together. The combo turned out delicious and the fresh herbs make this dish so flavorful!
This recipe is a delicious way to use summer herbs and veggies!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|20 mins||25 mins||45 mins||6|
- 1/2 lb zucchini
- 1/2 lb eggplant, I use fairytale eggplant
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Thinly slice the zucchini and eggplant. If the zucchini or eggplant are very thick cut the slices into bite size pieces.
- Add the sliced zucchini and eggplant to a baking pan or sheet and cover with 1 tbs olive oil. I used my hands to make sure all the pieces are coated with the olive oil. It’s okay if the zucchini and eggplant overlap in the baking dish. Bake for 25 mins or until tender.
- Saute garlic in the remaining 1 tbs olive oil over medium until fragrant.
- When the zucchini and eggplant are finished baking, add the sauteed garlic and olive oil, mint, oregano, salt, pepper to the pan and mix together until completely combined. This dish tastes great warm or cold. I usually eat it warm the night I make it and then cold as leftovers.