I’m loving pesto this summer. I started working on this recipe because the thai basil plant in my little city garden has been doing so well. I’m thankful to have so much thai basil now because this pesto is so good! I’ve made it twice already in the past 3 days. It goes great with so many things, some of my favorites so far are salmon, chicken, and zucchini. I love thai flavors and this is an easy way to add those flavors to any dish!
This recipe does require getting out the food processor, but I promise, this thai basil pesto is worth it!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 mins||0 mins||15 mins||1|
- 2 cups thai basil, tightly packed
- 1 tbs coconut aminos
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- Salt to taste
Special Equipment: Food Processor
- Add all the ingredients to the food processor and blend to your desired consistency. Scrape down the sides as needed while blending.
- This makes about 1 cup of pesto. You can serve it immediately or store in the refrigerator for a week. After the pesto has been refrigerated the coconut oil will harden, so you can take it out a little before you want to use it to soften, or serve on warm food which will bring it back to normal consistency.